Florida Family Medical Leave Act Attorney (FMLA)
The FMLA covers employees that:
- Are employed by a company of 50 or more employees
- Have been employed for at least 12 months
- Have worked at least 1,250 hours during the 12 month period immediately preceding the absence
Under the FMLA, covered employees are:
Eligible to take up to 12 weeks of medical leave in a one-year period.
The reasons for medical leave can include:
- The birth or adoption of a child.
- Caring for a spouse, parent, or minor child who cannot care for him or herself.
- A serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The leave of absence can be unpaid. The FMLA has different methods of calculating the one-year period and requires the employer to have an FMLA policy.
If you feel your FMLA rights have been violated, please call us at 954-617-6017 or use the contact form to contact Rob Norell for a free consultation regarding your rights. Our Florida Family Medical Leave Act attorney can help you today/