Florida Age Discrimination Employment Attorney
The ADEA includes a broad ban against age discrimination and also specifically prohibits:
- Discrimination in hiring, promotions, wages, or termination of employment and layoffs.
- Statements or specifications in job notices or advertisements of age preference and limitations.
- Denial of benefits to older employees. An employer may reduce benefits based on age only if the cost of providing the reduced benefits to older workers is the same as the cost of providing full benefits to younger workers.
- Since 1978 it has prohibited mandatory retirement in most sectors, with phased elimination of mandatory retirement for tenured workers, such as college professors, in 1993.
Mandatory retirement based on age is permitted for:
- Executives over age 65 in high policy-making positions who are entitled to a pension over a minimum yearly amount.
If you feel you’ve been discriminated against because of your age, please call our Florida age discrimination employment attorney at 954-617-6017 or use the contact form at right to contact Rob Norell for a free consultation regarding your rights.